List Price: $68.95
Sale Price: $53.20
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A clear, concise, and approachable writing style helps students understand neurology in the context of speech-language pathology. Supplemented by a wealth of new illustrations and learning features for students, this new edition helps to demystify this often-daunting subject matter. The 5th edition also introduces a new author, Dr. Richard Adler, who brings a fresh perspective and an impressive clinical background.
- The perfect reader-friendly introduction to the neurology of speech and language
- Emphasizes the neurological mechanisms involved in communication disorders in children and adults
- A new two-color design enhances chapter organization, and the larger size offers a better image presentation with convenient lay-flat reading.
- Approximately 225 illustrations - nearly three times that of the previous edition - are highlighted with color to clarify this complex area of study.
- Improved organization enhances understanding by following a logical flow of information, with speech- and language-specific chapters following a natural progression that more clearly delineates the adult and pediatric content.
- A new chapter, "Central Language Mechanism and Learning," expands the information about how the brain learns - a natural way to introduce language disorders and provide a solid foundation for study.
- More information on pediatric syndromes and disorders reflects an increased emphasis on this area within neurology.
- New case studies in the clinically oriented chapters provide students with realistic clinical applications.
- Key vocabulary highlighted within chapters and each term is defined in a handy back-of-book glossary.
- Evolve Learning Resources give students and instructors access to a comprehensive suite of learning, communication, and organization tools, including WebLinks, Tip Sheets, Checklists, Test Banks, lecture slides, Image Collections, Instructor's Manuals, Teaching Tips, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and more.